Broadband Technician III - Construction
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Overview We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes
Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4
advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our
customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that
resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that
thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope
connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.
Responsibilities Performs activities associated with system layout,
strand mapping, construction, installation, replacement and rebuild
of plant, introduction to activation, survey of all CATV system
construction components, and assisting in the use of and
interpretation of system maps used for construction purposes.
Increased responsibilities associated with system mark out, system
layout, strand mapping, installation, replacement and rebuild of
aerial and UG plant, activation and survey of all outside plant
- Assists in pre-wiring and installation activities
- Digs trenches and removes soil prior to cable installation in a
- Pulls lasher, strand or cable between poles
- Splices coax and fiber cables to designed specifications
- Plans daily activity, requisitions equipment and supplies, and
- Completes job documentation on paper or by using a
- Resolves or escalates customer complaints
- Uses small hand tools, power tools, meters and other test
- Operates a bucket truck
- Maintains and secures Company truck and equipment
- Works on regularly scheduled days as well as unscheduled days
and beyond regular work hours as required
- Performs other duties as assigned Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Outside Plant technical experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Ability to obtain current DOT (Department of Transportation)
medical card and valid CDL (Commercial Driver's License) where
applicable; must comply with all applicable DOT requirements
- Electrical or general construction experience?
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of basic design calculations.
- Skilled in using a Windows-based computer
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Appropriate valid driver's license and driving record within
- Internal Field Service Technician applicants must fully
complete their field service career progression program, and spend
twelve to eighteen months as an Outside Plant Tech III, to be
deemed eligible.Preferred Experience
- Bi-lingual proficiency preferred in some locations Working
- Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and
equipment as necessary
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner, in accordance
with company, industry and regulatory standards
- Ability to safely lift 75 pounds
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50-pound maximum
lifting is available.
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt
(weight limit of 350 pounds) as needed Altice USA is an Equal
Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting
qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race,
color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status,
pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis
protected by federal, state, or local law. Altice USA, Inc.
collects personal information about its applicants for employment
that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment
related information, photos, education information and/or protected
classifications under federal and state law. This information is
collected for employment purposes, including identification, work
authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource
administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to
provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application
or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further
Keywords: Altice USA, Henderson , Broadband Technician III - Construction, Engineering , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!