Senior Stormwater Engineer
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Job DescriptionSenior Civil/Stormwater EngineerWhy join us? Are
you stuck at a company with no real opportunity or variety as a
civil/stormwater engineer? - Atkins seeks a highly motivated
self-starter to join our Henderson, NV Civil Engineering Group as a
Senior Civil Engineer specializing in stormwater. - While your
focus will be stormwater, we are looking for someone who can also
do other civil engineering tasks since our civil engineers do it
all - grading, site plans, roads, utilities, stormwater. - They
work on local, state and federal projects that include small,
medium and large planning, design-bid-build, and design-build
projects. - Our civil engineers work on, and have the opportunity
to travel to, federal projects throughout the US, as well as Europe
and the Middle East. - They also work with other civil engineering
groups in numerous offices across the US. - Come join Atkins, where
opportunities abound.About Us Atkins is one of the world's most
respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering,
construction, environmental consulting, urban planning,
architecture, and program management services to public and private
clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has
the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most
technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects
and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.How will you
contribute to the team?
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be
developed by junior engineers, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering drawings and
- Plans and reviews the production of engineering investigations
or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects,
weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of
proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and
- Analyzes project scopes and prepares or oversees the
preparation of cost and manpower estimates, schedules and job
- Coordinates work with project manager and guides junior
professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of
preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality
standards in all work produced, and checking computations or
reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to
time deem necessary.Special Skills
- Ability to lead and prepare stormwater modeling and design
projects consisting of construction plans, specifications, and/or
- Experience with hydrology and hydraulics, stormwater management
facility design, storm drain systems, debris basins, floodplain
analysis, open channel flow design, and technical drainage
- Non-stormwater experience could include items such as roadways,
site design, sanitary sewers, water distribution systems, site
grading, earthwork, ADA/PROWAG compliance, and/or pavement markings
- Conduct periodic site visits, responses to RFI's, shop drawing
review, and more.
- Ability and willingness to work on private, municipal, state
and federal projects.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills.
- Experience working with local agencies within the Las Vegas
- Knowledge of local stormwater codes, regulations, and
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D knowledge and understanding required.
- Experience with HEC-1, HEC-RAS, ESRI ARCGIS, and WSPGW
- Experience with HEC-RAS 2D is a plus but not required.
- ProjectWise and Bluebeam knowledge and understanding is
- SharePoint and MS Project knowledge and understanding are a
plus.Education and Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering. M.S. or graduate level technical
- Eight to fifteen years of experience.Professional Registrations
- Nevada P.E. license (or ability to obtain) within 6 months is
required.What we offer at Atkins:At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust
rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career
opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement programIf
this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with
us, apply today! Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. -
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.Please review Atkins Equal
Opportunity Statement here:Atkins cares about your privacy and are
committed to protecting your privacy. - Please consult our on our
Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer
your Personal Data.By submitting your personal information to
Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy
Notice. -Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:In the event a
recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list
submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin
family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and
hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial
obligation to the recruiter or agency. - Worker TypeEmployeeJob
TypeRegularAt SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse
characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe
that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender,
ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age,
religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
differences. -SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and
other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred
to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your
privacy. Please consult our - on our Careers site to know more
about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.By
submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm
that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Snc-Lavalin, Henderson , Senior Stormwater Engineer, Engineering , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!