Company: Bobby Jones Links
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Bobby Jones Links is seeking a-- General Manager --. Bobby Jones
Links is a traditional--and--modern club management company
embracing the innovative spirit and character of one of the
greatest golfers of all time, Bobby Jones. Our core purpose is
to--make a difference--- at our clubs, in our communities, and in
the lives of our associates. We are not your typical cost-cutting,
bureaucratic management company. We are an innovative team who is
employee and customer service centric, giving our associates
considerable autonomy and training. We work very hard, but also
believe work should be fun. Our company offers competitive wages
and a comprehensive benefit package to--eligible associates.-- If
you are driven, willing to learn, dedicated to service and desire
to make a difference, please join us in our quest to change club
management. If you are interested in this--position, please follow
the link to view the entire job description and to complete an
online application. The General Manager will serve as the leader of
the club, managing and responsible for all aspects of the club's
operation. This position reports to the Vice President of
Operations responsible for the club. Primary Responsibilities
- Memorize and live by Bobby Jones Links' Core Purpose and Core
- Know Bobby Jones Links' 17 Service Standards. These are the
rules by which we serve.
- Always have your Bobby Jones Links Associate Card with you. It
is part of your uniform.
- Abide by the employment rules in Bobby Jones Links Associate
- Follow the Carpe Diem - How we do business manual Specific Job
Responsibilities The General Manager's overarching responsibility
is to maximize the club's financial performance and value. This is
the top priority over all others. Financial and Reporting
- Assists in the preparation of the club's annual budget and
financial goals and then religiously monitors and manages the club
in the achievement of these goals.
- Ensures that each department head is scheduling his/her
department using the Bobby Jones Links labor scheduler and records
all expenses on the Bobby Jones Links--expense tracker.
- Builds a team of club associates that fully trained for their
jobs, understand the clubs goals and are held fully accountable for
- Holds all departments accountable for reaching their monthly
and annual financial goals.
- Oversee all approved capital improvements being made at the
facility are done on time and within budget.
- Completes on time all the required club and Bobby Jones Links
weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. This includes the Dashboard,
pace reports, membership reports, variance analysis, general ledger
- Reviews the general ledger regularly to ensure everything is
coded correctly. Operations
- Learns thoroughly the policies and procedures in the
operations--manual and manages the club according to these
important Bobby Jones Links guidelines.
- Ensures the club's presentation and appearance is always clean,
pleasing to the eye, and impeccable in its presentation, following
the guidelines as set forth and measured in the Bobby Jones Links
- Holds a weekly department head staff meeting in which each area
reports on their progress, shares news, and contributes to the team
effort. Distributes minutes and action items following each meeting
to the department heads and managers.
- Ensures that the club is operated in accordance with all
applicable local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures all members and guests receive the highest level of
- Does whatever it takes to make our clients happy.
- Follows and implements the management directives, programs, and
policies sent to the club by Bobby Jones Links.
- Participates in selected community activities to enhance the
prestige of the club; broadens the scope of the club's operation by
fulfilling the public obligations of the club as a participating
member of the community.
- Handles emergencies such as fires, accidents and breaches of
security or house rules promptly and in person. Documents all such
major incidents in an Incident Report.
- Practices management by walking around - touring the property
daily to ensure it is operating according to Bobby Jones Links
- Attend all or most club major events or functions including
member tournaments and parties, wedding receptions, golf outings,
- Ensures the club website is always correct and current. Human
- Hires and trains key department heads of the club.
- Makes certain every new employee reads the Bobby Jones
Associate Handbook and signs an acknowledgement that they did.
- Makes certain every new employee views Bobby Jones Links'
orientation and customer service video and takes the corresponding
tests within 14 days of hiring.
- Ensures every new associate receives a written job description
and a copy of the Bobby Jones Links Associate Card.
- Ensures every club department head and key manager reads and
knows Carpe Diem thoroughly and works using it as a management
- Gives each new employee the appropriate Bobby Jones Links
training materials and manuals specific to their specific job and
ensures they read and master the material.
- Regularly recognizes exemplary associate accomplishment through
the rewarding of Grand Slam Awards.
- Follows all State, Federal, and Bobby Jones Links rules
regarding human resources including such key policies as hiring and
firing, discrimination, and harassment.
- Directs the writing and publishing of the club's newsletter if
- Works directly with the club's committees to maximize
communication and execution of their priorities. Required Skills
- The ability to lead people and build cohesive teams working
toward a common goal.
- The ability to provide exemplary member and customer
- The ability to get along with people.
- The ability to proficiently use Excel, Word, and club point of
- The ability to develop and manage budgets and other financial
worksheets in detail.
- The ability to read and understand financial statements
including balance sheets and income statements.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of all departments of a
- The endurance and commitment to work the long hours (minimum 50
hours per week) and weekend work that the club business
- Must have significant experience in the club business. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to:
- Walk and or stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel,
crouch, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally and to lift overhead and
push/pull, move lighter objects. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions including temperatures
over 90 and below 40 degrees.
- Work near: moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic
- Noise level in the work environment is frequently loud.
Keywords: Bobby Jones Links, Henderson , General Manager, Executive , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!