Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Barrick Gold Corporation is seeking to hire a Category Manager
to lead the implementation, continuous improvement, and execution
of Barrick's sourcing strategy within a specified product category.
The Category Manager will also build strong working relationships
with internal stakeholders and strategic suppliers, perform spend
analysis across the enterprise and make recommendations that will
add value and drive cost savings.
At Barrick, our vision is to be the world's most valued gold mining
business by finding, developing, and operating the best assets with
the best people. We are committed to a safe work environment
sending every person home safe and healthy every day and leaving a
sustainable legacy on our host communities.
- Manage supply contracts, pricing, and vendor performance for
construction and capital spend as it relates to Barrick mining
- Manages, maintains, and governs contracting and procurement
strategies, standards, and processes, for a program of large,
medium, and small capital projects
- Leads in the identification of programmatic opportunities for
capital efficiency and productivity improvements for the
- Develops contracting and procurement strategies, identifying
the preferred types of contracts for the project, considering the
project scope and risks.
- Visit Barrick mine sites and partner with business groups to
assess business sourcing and contracting requirements
- Effectively and proactively identify and address gaps or
breaches to contract commitments and terms and conditions.
- Actively track category-related market indices to identify
trends and changes that impact mine site activities and budgeted
spend. Develop strategies to maximize cost reduction opportunities
and eliminate disruptions to supply.
- Set strategic sourcing goals and strategies to support group
objectives and site-level commitments.
- Manage the contract requirements and KPI's with internal
stakeholders as well as identify and develop suppliers in the
market to support commercial and operational needs.
- Understand and implement strategic sourcing methodologies to
support the development of the category strategy, including
benchmark analysis, Low-Cost Country Sourcing, contract negotiation
- Execute supplier relationship management, including but not
limited to, tracking supplier performance metrics, supplier safety
reporting, stakeholder satisfaction metrics, supplier product, and
technology innovation, etc.
- Ensure timely and professional service in the preparation and
evaluations of bids, negotiations with suppliers, recommendation to
management, preparation of contract documentation, issuance of
award of contracts and regret letters, and management and closeout
of contracts. This includes performing RFI's, RFP's, and other
sourcing events through the tendering process.
- Develop skills and abilities of indirect reports and act as a
champion and mentor for all resources in the supply chain
- Know and comply with the current Mining Safety and Health
regulations and safety procedures of Barrick.
- Demonstrate social awareness, commitment, and compliance with
Barrick's Social Responsibility Policy, and with Barrick's always
showing a socially responsible behavior with the Community and with
- The position is in the Henderson, NV office
- The position will require travel to domestic and international
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of directly related experience in
the procurement of capital equipment within the mining industry
- A high degree of commercial acumen with a deep understanding of
high-risk project contracts & procurement strategies. required
- Expertise in multi-million-dollar negotiations and deal design
skills; contract management - formation through post-award
management, claims prevention, and management. required
- Ideally, relevant tertiary qualifications, preferably in
Engineering, Construction Management, Economics, Quantity
Surveying, Legal (Construction Law), or related disciplines
- Robust knowledge of gold mining operations, along with
corresponding safety requirements to operate at mine sites
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience execution of capital
contracts and managing large construction contracts required
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel,
Word, PowerPoint, and Visio required
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ellipse, or equivalent
enterprise-level software packages required
- Excellent skills associated with problem solving and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
Keywords: Barrick Gold Corporation, Henderson , Category Manager, Executive , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!