Franchised Assistant General Manager
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Job Number 23004772Job Category Property LeadershipLocation The
Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, 101 Montelago Boulevard,
Henderson, Nevada, United StatesSchedule Full-TimeLocated Remotely?
NRelocation? NPosition Type ManagementAdditional Information: This
hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pacifica
Companies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels
employment policies and practices, including the selection and
hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be
employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.JOB
SUMMARYThe Assistant General Manager directs and controls the
activities of the overall hotel including Front Office,
Housekeeping, Guest Services / Bell Staff and Security. Acts as the
senior manager in hotel when the General Manager is unavailable.
Assures that standards are met, guests and employees are satisfied
and problems are promptly resolved. Takes actions that maximize the
profit of the division.Schedule will be mids / evenings and
- Directly supervises the Department Heads in the Rooms division
and assists with all departments. Ensures thorough communications
and follow-up on any problems, guest or employee requests or
special requirements, and on hotel initiatives. Interviews and
trains the staff. Conducts Performance Evaluations and disciplines
staff when needed.
- Reviews and monitors schedules of staff in all departments in
the Rooms Division. Monitors their activities to assure that
standards are being met, staff is being supported and guest needs
are being met. Inspects all areas of responsibility in the Rooms
- Resolves customer complaints from all areas of the hotel,
handling all guest interactions with the highest level of
hospitality and professionalism, accommodating special requests
whenever possible. Will resolve complaints in person, by phone or
through written message.
- Assists customers in all inquiries in connection with hotel
services, hours of operations, key hotel personnel, in-house
events, directions, etc. Responds to all guest requests in an
accurate and timely manner. Interaction with guest will be in
person and by phone.
- Assures that financial goals are being met. Monitors and
controls labor expense, and supplies/equipment expenses. Works
closely with Reservations, Sales and the Front Office to maximize
rate, occupancy and total revenue. Maintains close relationships
with retail tenants and concessions to ensure guest service
standards are met along with revenue/expense targets. Assists
General Manager in preparing Annual Budget.
- Supports and creates programs and initiatives that encourage
employee development, training and career growth within the Rooms
- Takes action in all matters related to the safety, security,
satisfaction and well-being of hotel guests and employees Responds
swiftly and effectively in any hotel emergency or safety
- Previous experience in the Rooms division especially in both
Housekeeping & Front Office operations.
- Solid project management skills & people management
- Must have at least 7-10 years of resort management
- Brand experience desired (Marriott / Westin).
- Property Management System experience required (Marriott
- College degree in Hotel Restaurant Management,
Accounting/Finance, Business or equivalent preferred.This company
is an equal opportunity employer.frnch1
Keywords: Marriott, Henderson , Franchised Assistant General Manager, Executive , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!