Nurse Clinical Coordinator - Wound/Enterostomy
Company: St Rose Dominican - Siena
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Overview: As the community's only not-for-profit, faith-based
healthcare system; Dignity Health Nevada has been guided by the
vision and core values of the Adrian Dominican Sisters for more
than 70 years. As the Henderson and Las Vegas communities grow,
Dignity Health-St. Rose Dominican facilities and its more than
3,400 employees will continue the Sisters' mission of serving
people in need. St. Rose Dominican is a member of Dignity Health,
one of the nation's largest healthcare systems, a 22-state network
of more than 9,000 physicians, 60,000 employees, and 400 care
centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging
and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to
providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable
patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and
underserved. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Position Summary: The Clinical Coordinator-Enterostomy is a
Registered Nurse with special education in the care of individuals
with wounds, ostomies, pressure ulcers and related skin problems.
The principle role of this position is to assist the medical staff
and patient care team in achieving the best possible outcome for
- Primary area of expertise is in the wound, ostomy and
- The position is responsible for providing direction and
coordination for a specific patient population from premature
infants to geriatric patients with disorders of the
gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems such as
complex wounds, ostomies, fistulae, dermal ulcers, tubes,
incontinence or actual or potential skin breakdown as appropriate
to the ages of those patients served.
- The Clinical Coordinator - Enterostomy will collaborate with
other members of the health care team to ensure continuity of care
- This position reports to the Manager, Wound Care, Continence,
- Minimum of five (5) years Medical /Surgical or Critical Care
Clinical experience in an acute care setting required.
- Minimum one year recent Wound / Ostomy (ET) nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or health related area, or current
enrollment in a Bachelor's Degree program with an education plan
approved by the CNE which will allow completion of the Bachelor's
Degree program within three years.
- CWCN or within 18 months of hire.
- Good assessment, teaching, communicative (verbal, nonverbal and
written) and presentation skills, and the ability to function
effectively in stressful or crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Applies nursing and team process.
- Have good organizational skills.
- Must have neat handwriting printing and documentation
- Must flex schedule to include some evening, night and weekend
hours based on the needs of the position.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- RN = RN license from NV State Nursing Board.
- CT CPRBLS - Basic Life Support - AHA
- CT CWCN - Certified Wound Care Nurse preferred.
- Current Board Certification in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence
- MSN desired.
- Certified Wound, Ostomy, Continence (CWOCN).
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, intensive, intensive
care, maternal, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric,
Keywords: St Rose Dominican - Siena, Henderson , Nurse Clinical Coordinator - Wound/Enterostomy, Healthcare , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!