Chief General Counsel / CGC
Company: Kingman Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Seeking: Chief General CounselThis position will serve
as the primary legal advisor to the organization, the Board of
Directors, the CEO, and the Senior Leadership Team. This is an
exciting opportunity for a self-starter to lead the development of
a high performing in-house legal team while working in a culture
that fosters respect, safety, and customer and community
About Kingman and Kingman Regional Medical Center
- Kingman offers a competitive salary along side a beautiful
landscape. Nestled between lakes and the mountains our community is
a gem for those looking for an outdoor lifestyle. A quick drive
will have you nestled in pines trees and a turn left will have you
lakefront! A short drive to Las Vegas will put you upfront to some
of the best concerts, restaurants and entertainment in the country.
Kingman is a truly unique place to live!
- Our hospital, Kingman Regional Medical Center is the largest
healthcare provider and the only remaining not-for-profit hospital
in Mohave County, Arizona. As a 235-bed multi-campus healthcare
system, our medical center includes more than 1,900 employees, 270
physicians/allied health professionals, and 150 volunteers. Kingman
Regional Medical Center is recognized as an innovator in rural
healthcare, a teaching hospital, and a member of the Mayo Clinic
Care Network. We provide a full-continuum of highly-technical and
specialized medical services to meet the healthcare needs of our
- Serve as counsel advising the organization on legal
- Exercise primary responsibility for the selection, evaluation,
retention and use of outside legal counsel and oversee the
assignment of work to outside laws firms.
- Coordinate with the CEO or his/her delegate on composition and
delivery of responses to state regulatory agency complaints and
- Stay current on the 340B Drug Pricing Program.
- Oversee the negotiation, drafting and implementation of a wide
variety of complex, multi-party agreements, including strategic
alliances and joint ventures, physician affiliation agreements,
vendors, and business associates.Qualifications:
- A Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school.
- Be licensed to practice law in the State of Arizona.
- Have ten years of healthcare law experience, in a firm or as
in-house counsel, with an emphasis on healthcare business
operations, health insurance, professional liability, medical
malpractice litigation, physician contracting, business
transactions, financing, and healthcare regulatory and legal
compliance matters, including HIPAA and other relevant security and
privacy laws, Medicare, Medicaid and CMS Conditions of
Participation, Stark, anti-kickback, fraud and abuse, and
- Have three years of experience in healthcare compliance and
risk management at the management level or higher.
- Have significant government relations experience in the
healthcare arena, with a demonstrated ability to develop strong
external relationships and networks demonstrating a commitment to
the community and patient care
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Kingman Regional Medical Center, Henderson , Chief General Counsel / CGC, Legal , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!