Company: Zen Sherpa LLC
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A well-established building manufacturer is looking for a
Purchasing Manager at our Henderson, NV Campus.
Previous construction purchasing experience is a must, additional
experience in a manufacturing purchasing environment a plus.
The Purchasing Manager will be an integral part of maintaining
an efficient and smooth operation. You will direct and coordinate
all activities involved in purchasing components, raw materials,
production supplies, other products, services and aftermarket
service parts. Additionally you will establish and maintain
relationships with vendors while continually searching for improved
costs, materials, suppliers and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage to purchase and contracting components, materials,
suppliers, and services for the operation of the manufacturing
- Continually search for new materials, suppliers, and processes
to achieve improved quality, reliability, pricing, and
- Will provide hands-on leadership in supply chain management,
cost reduction, and process improvement initiatives to minimize
costs, improve delivery times, and efforts to procure materials
- Identify vendors; assess vendor’s abilities and gauge
- Lead various sourcing and process improvement projects.
- Oversee inventory accuracy and direct procurement of products,
materials, and supplies.
- Determine merchandise costs formulating and coordinating
merchandising policies and activities to guarantee profit.
- Recommend major purchases of materials based on projected
changes in process or on uncommon availability circumstances.
- Represent the organization in creating policies and negotiating
contracts with vendors.
- 5+ years of purchasing management for a commercial construction
- Bachelor’s degree required in Operations and/or Business
Management or equivalent education plus experience.
- NAPM (A.P.P. C.P.M.). APICS (CPIM, CIRM) or ISM certification
- 2+ years of most recent experience related to the construction
industry a must.
- 2+ years of most recent experience related to the manufacturing
environment a plus.
- 3+ years of managerial or supervision experiences in a related
- Must have strong communications (both written and verbal),
leadership skills, coaching, negotiations, and creative problem
- Reading engineering drawings experience required.
- Must have proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent Word
and Excel skills.
- Experience interfacing with purchasing modules in a purchasing
system such as Fishbowl or equivalent system required.
401k Retirement Plan
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
Supplemental Insurance Options available
Employee Bonus Program
Keywords: Zen Sherpa LLC, Henderson , Purchasing Manager, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!