Senior Site EHS Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Senior Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
Amazon North America Customer Fulfillment
The Senior Site Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
will be responsible for partnering with site level operations team
for their assigned site in order to execute company EHS policies
and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional
regulations. By leveraging lean principles and Kaizen events, this
Senior Safety Manager will lead continuous improvement initiatives
to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure
a safe and healthful working environment for our associates. The
Senior Site EHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust
and confidence with the operations team and influence change
through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data
The Senior Site EHS Manager must be an effective communicator
and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and
in writing. This Senior Safety Manger must instruct and train
operations managers and site EHS professionals in company EHS
policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our safety
standards at their site. The Senior Site EHS Manager will be
required to identify best practices and incorporate these best
practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety
policies. Must possess excellent safety program and relevant
safety, environmental and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this
expertise when working with operations.
The Senior Site EHS Manager will be responsible to develop a
team of safety managers and safety professionals at a site. This
Senior Safety Manger must create and execute leadership development
plans for their team. This Senior Safety Manger must communicate
safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback
to the safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core
competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This Senior Safety
Manger must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety
talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future
Senior Site EHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations
and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all
applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
- Measure the FC performance against published requirements in
safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site
to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides
Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver
quality projects on time to Operations.
- Deep Dive safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly
incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of
appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is
- Deep Dive trends and propose action plans to Sr. Leadership on
- Audit record keeping practices and Global Safety Database
entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to
ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and
- Manage and mentor the FC Safety Manager and Safety Associates
in your assigned FC.
- Engage the Injury Prevention Specialists (IPS) and Site
Leadership to drive long-term strategic actions to achieve incident
- Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts with IPS by
performing targeted Kaizen events in partnership with the
Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force,
repetition, and awkward postures).
- Ensure site leadership and associates are trained and
knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit
the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer),
and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise
to ensure continual improvement.
- Partner with corporate and other regional field safety
personnel to leverage global safety and environmental best
practices into NA network standards.
- 7+ years' of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or
environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
in an operational environment.
- Experience managing change in multiple site environment and
managing multiple direct reports.
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Ergonomics or a related field
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort
interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Develop and implement department goals and strategies based on
broader organization goals.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Master's degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in
multiple FCs across the nation
- Prior experience in a management development training
- Track record of effectively managing an operation comprising
both salaried and hourly staff
- Develop others into higher levels of responsibility in an
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Henderson , Senior Site EHS Manager, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!