What we look for
Our exceptional and motivated employees are our greatest
strength. Our employees provide the highest level of
customer service and help maintain our position as a leader in
the global marketplace.
The Markel Style is what makes us stand out from our
competitors. It's our core value which should underpin how we do
business, while influencing our behavior and performance. We are
looking for people who have potential and share our passion to live
the Markel Style, which is described in more detail below.
If you think you have these core attributes we want to hear from
Interested in joining a growing Fortune 500 Company that offers
comprehensive training, teamwork, full time benefits/401K and
opportunity for career growth?
Markel Corporation (NYSE - MKL), a global insurance holding
company, is adding to the Customer Service team to better service
Markel customers! We're currently seeking Customer Service
Representatives (CSRs) who want to increase their insurance
knowledge and build their skills while making a positive impact on
This position is part of the Markel Specialty Personal Lines
division which specializes in motorcycle, watercraft, property,
special event, bicycle and other unique insurance products. We
provide exceptional customer service through our easy processes,
honest communications and employee expertise.
- Perform a wide range of Customer Service activities including
quoting and selling insurance
- Answer questions from callers about their policy
- Describe and advise on insurance coverage options
- Service Markel's customers by taking payments and changing
payment plans, and processing policy changes such as address
changes, vehicle additions, or coverage changes
- Work to obtain insurance license in first 90 days of hire (if
not already obtained).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Dedicated to providing a positive customer experience
- Communicate clearly and professionally
- Willingness to learn new material should candidate have no
- Accountable and reliable
- Ability to obtain the Property & Casualty Insurance
- Post-COVID, ability to work in the designated locations listed
in the posting;
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college is a plus;
- 1 or more years of call center experience preferred;
- Demonstrated job stability and attendance records;
- Solid computer, grammar and multi-tasking skills;
- Comfort with a fast-paced and high-volume service center.
Compensation: Starting pay ranges from $15.04 to $17.00/hour
based on the candidate's experience, education, and insurance
licensing status. This position requires a Property & Casualty
Insurance license to be obtained within first 90 days of hire.
Markel provides insurance licensing class and exam financial
support. Upon licensing, hourly pay will be adjusted appropriately
to reflect insurance expertise.
In addition to regular hourly pay, there are opportunities to
earn monthly sales bonuses AND a 5% annual Performance Bonus.
Schedule: A variety of schedules are available and will be
discussed during the interview.
"Why work for us?"
Diversity and inclusion
Markel is truly a global and diverse company. We believe that
diversity makes us better business partners and that embracing
people's differences can bring amazing results and fuel innovation.
We have a portfolio of businesses and product lines that operate
around the world.
Markel has a rich heritage of supporting communities across the
world where our customers and employees live and work. Giving back
is part of our history and our future. Our employees share in this
philosophy through volunteering, mentoring and fundraising.
Commitment to open doors
Markel is committed to creating the best work environment. Our
open-door policy is essential in recognizing business issues as
they rise and to address the changing needs of our diverse and
global workforce. Challenging management is a component of the
Markel Style-some of our best ideas start from a conversation
between a manager and an employee.
As the Markel Style states, we pursue excellence, strive for a
better way, and share the success of others. Markel associates
proactively seek new business opportunities, bringing further
success to Markel.