Company: GEO Group Inc.
Location: Golden Valley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Facility: KINGMAN COMPLEX
Compensation Base: $155.00 Hourly
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Examines and treats facility detainees/inmates to ensure proper
injury care, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
The primary care physician is the first point of contact for many
patients and as a result must be able to diagnose a wide range of
illnesses and injuries. the primary care physician is also
responsible for managing the overall care of the patient and
communicating with the specialist or specialists as needed. Manages
and evaluates the medical program activities based on industry
standards and contractual obligations. Functions as liaison between
correctional officials, public agencies, and the company.
Implements all contractually required services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health
- Performs routine medical examinations on detainees/inmates
referred by the nursing/professional staff under established
guidelines. Provides medical treatment and orders studies, tests
and ancillary services required consistent with the provision of
basic health care services. This is an onsite/in person
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment
regimens to treat identified and documented medical
- Discusses potential side effects of medication/treatment with
patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date
before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provides advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that
may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are
- Maintains patient confidentiality and comply with all federal
and state health information privacy laws.
- Collaborates with other physicians, physician assistants and
nurses to form a high performing medical team
- Cultivates a climate of trust and compassion for patients
- Documents all services provided in the detainee/inmate medical
- Reviews regularly those cases requiring ongoing
- Instructs patients in required health hygiene techniques.
- Initiates and maintains compliance with company policy and
reviews all other policies and procedures annually to assure their
compliance with the American Correctional Association and/or
National Commission Standards for Correctional Health Care.
- Supervises the Medical Unit in facilitating health care in the
- May direct the work of staff employees. Provides input into
- Supervises the development of and application of policies,
procedures, and protocols in the care of detainees/inmates.
- Meets with management as needed for program evaluation and
- Provides 24-hour on-call coverage to advise nursing staff in
the care of detainees/inmates.
- Performs regular chart review for quality assurance purposes
and countersigns telephone orders.
- Designates the level of care to be performed and the necessary
equipment needed. Identifies continuing care facilities and
specialty physicians. Initiates dental and psychiatric
- Performs other as assigned
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and
licensed to practice as a medical or osteopathic physician in the
state of Arizona. Board certification in primary care or related
- Two (2) years of direct work experience as a Physician
- Completion of a U.S.-based residency program required.
- Current DEA and D.P.S. Certificate of Registration
- Professional license must remain on file at all times at the
facility where services are rendered.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Henderson , P/t Physician, Other , Golden Valley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!