Client Solutions Manager
Company: Umpqua Bank
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for credit/risk monitoring; CR workflow management &
prioritization; and engagement with underwriting, QA, and QC
partners. Leads (or co-leads) identification of opportunities to
cross-offer additional solutions that would benefit the client,
increase penetration-rates of products & services for the Bank.
Leads (or co-leads) partner collaboration & coordination for
holistic team approach. Target commercial portfolio size-range per
CSM of $50-$200 million (may vary based on complexity and/or
relationship count). Assists Bankers with portfolio management,
partner collaboration, and client-engagement to develop and grow
new and existing commercial business relationships. CSM is a
second, primary touch-point between Bank and Client. Responsible
for identifying additional loan, deposit, and core fee income
opportunities (products; services; solutions) for new and existing
commercial clients to add/deepen value to the client; drive
additional revenue growth; establish/maintain complete banking
relationships; bolster client experience and satisfaction. Reports
to Market Director.
- Possess strong underwriting, credit monitoring and portfolio
management skills. Utilize existing financial/market information
and Relationship Expansion Tool, to identify additional
products/services that would satisfy client needs and
establish/deepen complete relationships. Makes recommendations on
loan structure & terms and refers these issues to next appropriate
level of authority. Analyzes credit to determine the ability of
customers and prospective customers to qualify for borrowing
requirements. Uses qualitative and quantitative information to
undercover potential client needs and proposes to deepen
- Partner with the Banker as the second, primary point of a
contact for the client. Attends meetings with clients; focus on
expanding mature relationships by assessing client needs. Acts as a
liaison to the Core Fee Income business partners, Credit
Department, the Commercial support staff and other internal
business partners. Ensures client is approved for all ancillary
products and services.
- Perform 30% of time on direct relationship expansion
sales-activities, consulting with Banker. Achieves individual
annual production and growth goals (relationship expansion) for
loans, deposits and core fees to ensure the bank meets its overall
financial targets and balanced-growth objectives. Achieves
Portfolio Management goals by ensuring proper adherence to proper
risk-mitigation practices. Responsible for the growth and
profitability of the Asset Based Lending ("ABL") portfolio in
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of client's needs and
future needs based on the review and analysis of personal,
business, financial, and market data gathered through relationship
reviews, client engagement, market research, and partner
collaboration. Participates in ongoing relationship reviews with
all clients. Manage client's additional credit requests, renewals
- Manage and monitor commercial loan portfolio and commercial
relationships by analyzing financial data & information to
determine the merits of specific loan requests. Accountable for
application and underwriting quality. Involved in documentation
review. Collaborate with Banker to make formal recommendations and
presentations to Commercial Relationship Manager and Credit
- Ensure the loan portfolio is properly risk rated.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each
client relationship is in compliance with established credit
policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and
regulatory guidelines. Management of CR workflow & prioritization;
engagement with underwriting, QA, QC, and CQA partners
- Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned
job function and applies to designated job responsibilities --
knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training.
Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
- Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance
regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and
procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E,
Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach
coursework as subject matter expert.
- Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate
culture in all actions and words.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others
- Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- 5-8 years of relevant commercial banking and/or prior
experience as a Portfolio Manager and/or Commercial
- Proven knowledge of commercial underwriting, credit monitoring,
and portfolio management.
- Proven relationship management and business development
abilities, analytical and problem-solving skills, sales skills, and
credit and credit quality skills. Strong credit acumen including
but not limited to: loan structuring, concise underwriting,
appropriate risk identification & mitigation, and ongoing risk &
relationship management of a commercial portfolio.
- Advanced understanding of credit policy and procedures and can
accurately determine risks of loans/credits; and evaluate both
cash-flow and collateral-based loans/credits
- Knowledge of commercial bank products and services that result
in successfully capitalizing on all opportunities to cross-offer
the bank's solutions to the client's benefit.
- Proficiency with personal computers and software packages,
including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation
skills. Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
across the company to manage customer relationships. Ability to
partner with team. Ability to engage in client-facing service and
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Office environment -- no specific or unusual physical or
- Occasional travel.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran
status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may
perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Umpqua Bank, Henderson , Client Solutions Manager, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!