Sub Regional WHS Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS)
mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that
support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees
to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this
focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) Manager to join our team. In this
position, will serve as the site's designated first aid provider in
the warehouse, coordinating and implementing the Amazon Global
Program. The WHS Sub Regional Manager will be responsible for
providing WHS support to Delivery Stations within their region to
execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all
applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean
principles and kaizens, you will lead continuous improvement
initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our
processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for
our Associates. A successful Sub-Regional EHS Manager will
demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the
operations team and inspire change through providing comprehensive
risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Sub-Regional WHS Manager must be an effective communicator
and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and
in writing. You will instruct and train operations leaders in
Amazon safety policies and assist the operations site teams in
incorporating our safety standards at their site. You will work to
identify best practices and incorporate these standard
methodologies into our standards to continuously improve the safety
landscape. The Sub-Regional WHS Manager will possess excellent
safety program knowledge as well as environmental and ergonomic
knowledge and be able demonstrate this expertise when working with
Operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations
and company policy.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all
applicable Amazon EHS Policies.
- Measure sites' performance against published requirements in
EHS policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to
implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
- Analyze EHS metrics and review incident weekly and monthly
incident trends to discover trends to rationalize the allocation of
appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all
non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Implement
solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
at other FCs.
- Audit record-keeping practices and Gensuite entries to be
aligned with global safety standards and local regulations.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to
ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and
- Spend time at the delivery stations and seek input from teams,
Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities.
Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution
against these suggestions.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and
knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit
the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer),
and effectiveness of all required safety training.
- Ability to travel up to 50-70% of the time.
- Must be flexible regarding shifts.
- 3+ years of growing responsibilities in EHS, safety and/or
environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
in an operational environment.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, environmental, ergonomics or a
related field required.
- Distribution Center or manufacturing safety experience with mix
of exempt and non-exempt employees at a site of at least 250 people
- Master's degree preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
comfort collaborating with site leaders.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing
circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the use of pivot tables and
the development of charts and graphics.
- Ability to manage multiple sites/remotely.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Henderson , Sub Regional WHS Manager, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!