Changing Lives Through Education!
Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated
students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an
accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by
caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in
cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
With multiple locations in Arizona and Nevada, Legacy
Traditional Schools offers excellent benefits and compensation
packages for staff providing student services for grades K-8.
Position is responsible for providing instruction to students in
specially designed instruction based on individual IEP goals.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
* Meets and instructs assigned students at designated locations
and specific times.
* Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
* Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom
* When appropriate, implements behavioral interventions up to
and including QBS holds (if trained).
* Guides the learning process toward the achievement of
curriculum goals and--in harmony with the goals--establishes clear
objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like.
Communicates these objectives to students.
* Employs a variety of instructional techniques and
instructional media; consistent with the physical limitations of
the provided location and the needs and capabilities of the
* Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the
district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and
* Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis
and provides progress reports as required.
* Recognizes and evaluates the learning and other disabilities
of students on a regular basis; seeks the assistance or referral of
district specialists as required.
* Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required
by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
* Makes provision for being available to students and parents
for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when
required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
* Performs other necessary duties as assigned.
* Positively interact with all students.
* Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to
* Capable of designing lesson plans to meet student needs and
school & state requirements.
* Able to employ varied teaching strategies and best practices
that effectively teaches the curriculum.
* Ability to identify individual student needs.
* Good communication skills with, students, coworkers,
administration and parents.
* Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school
* Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
* Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by
utilizing resources for professional development therefore,
improving the education that is provided.
* Preferred: Bachelors degree in Education
* Required: Bachelors degree
* Arizona Employees: * Arizona Department of Public Safety Level
One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
* Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification
for grade or subject)
* Nevada Employees: * NV Fingerprint Background Check
* NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade
* Appropriately Certified in grade or subject according to ESSA
requirements and Department of Education
* The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a
criminal history background check.
* Must possess strong communication and organizational
* Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple
Work Environment and Physical Demands
* The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are
performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the
division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting
up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment
and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be
* Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in
front of the classroom; see and read a computer screen and printed
material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at
normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that
others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and
the ability to understand and follow oral and written