Director of Development
Company: Henderson Collegiate
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Henderson Collegiate is a mission-driven public college
preparatory school located in rural Henderson, NC with an
unrelenting focus on character development and student achievement.
We believe in 51% character and 49% academics, as we will never
sacrifice a moment to teach our students character traits that will
help them become great people.
Our school serves students that come from traditionally
underserved communities (approximately 85% receive free or
reduced-price meals, and about 94% are students of color). However,
we consistently rank in the top 9.7% of all NC schools and the top
1.3% of all NC Title I schools. Henderson Collegiate is committed
to the idea that all students can learn and create a future for
themselves that is full of opportunities. We know they can do this
by attending and graduating from the colleges of their choice. Our
students are proving what is possible and to date, 100% of our
seniors have been accepted into a 4-year college or university.
We are both a team and family who leverage passionate people to
be the best teachers and leaders that they can be. We believe in
the idea that all of our staff members are school teachers, as
opposed to classroom teachers, meaning that no matter your role, we
are all willing to do whatever it takes to support all Henderson
Collegiate students. We work together to make what most people say
is impossible, happen.
What Youll Do
At Henderson Collegiate, we believe that we have a compelling
story to tell. We are looking for an entrepreneurial, magnetic,
network-expanding Director of Development to serve
as a key liaison between Henderson Collegiate and the local,
regional, and national education communities in order to amplify
that story. This person will assist in communication management,
stakeholder engagement, and fundraisingto support our network.
- Manage development budget, to include setting priorities and
negotiating vendor contracts;
- Develop grant applications to raise funds from foundations,
government, and corporations;
- Manage grant compliance and reporting;
- Manage development operations such as gift processing,
scheduled communications, and event logistics for school visits and
- Maintain CRM software and other development records; collect
and update more complete donor and prospect information;
- Develop annual report, assets for development, standard grant
reports and proposals, and donor email templates;
- Plan and execute annual fundraising event(s) for engaging local
- Develop giving tiers and recognition levels, including
opportunities for corporate sponsorship;
- Collaborate with Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer
to craft and execute a strategy to raise funds; and
- Streamline online donations and develop prospect research
- Build brand awareness, a diverse donor prospect pipeline, and
base of donor advocates through school tours;
- Create, disseminate, and analyze digital and print
communications and campaigns, and handle day-to-day communications
- Develop press relationships, create and disseminate press
releases, promote positive publicity for Henderson Collegiate.
- Maintain consistent social media presence posting content from
schools, operations and recruitment, as well as socially relevant
Who You Are
- An A-Player. Top talent knows top talent.
- A serial optimist. You've got a deep, personal
commitment to the mission of Henderson Collegiates Schools, and a
genuine belief that all students can achieve academic excellence,
regardless of race or socioeconomic status. You've got a "healthy
rage" about the state of public education in the rural South - and
you want to be a part of a team that is doing something about it
every single day.
- A details maven. Nothing gets past you. You
don't drop balls, miss deadlines, or forget to respond to someone's
inquiry. You track timelines, data, and information in an organized
and systematic fashion. You follow up with people to follow up with
you - whether it's planning a flawless event or executing a
thorough grant report or giving pitch, you amaze and wow people
with your superhuman eye for the little things.
- A customer service enthusiast. You know that
first impressions matter. You care deeply about how others
experience the organizations you care about. You will go above and
beyond to make sure people have the information and resources they
need to be successful.
- A driver of results. You've demonstrated
ability to drive results in the pursuit of ambitious goals, and you
combine your exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical
thinking skills with your penchant to use data to drive
decision-making to achieve impressive outcomes. You know that
inputs are important - but at the end of the day, only outputs
- A systems builder. You're unfazed by
ambiguity, and thrive in situations where you get to build
something out of nothing, or create order out of chaos. You want to
do work that's never been done before, better than anyone's ever
- An entrepreneurial learner. You are a
self-directed go-getter. You take initiative, generate
ideas/solutions to problems, operate with a growth mindset, and
seek opportunities for feedback.
The Fine Print
- Required: All candidates must have a Bachelors
- At least 2 years of experience working in external
partnership-building and fundraising in the nonprofit sector
- Previous experience teaching in low-income schools or strong,
demonstrated interest in K-12 public education (highly
- Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience,
with an anticipated range of $60,000-$66,000 per year.
Additionally, Henderson Collegiate offers a full benefits package.
Staff members receive a laptop computer and are provided with
necessary technology and software.
Keywords: Henderson Collegiate, Henderson , Director of Development, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!