Company: SCS Engineers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
SCS Engineers is an employee-owned environmental consulting and
contracting firm that designs and implements sustainable
environmental solutions. We just celebrated our 50 th anniversary
as a company on April 1, 2020! Our core capabilities are: solid and
hazardous waste management, landfill gas, environmental
due-diligence and assessment, brownfields, redevelopment, site
remediation, renewable energy, and regulatory compliance for
businesses and municipalities responsible for protecting our air,
water, and soil. Our employees take pride in their work, and
together, we have the singular vision to be the environmental firm
of choice for clients and our employee owners. If you thrive in a
friendly, collaborative company and desire dynamic and challenging
work among a team of innovative individuals, then SCS is the place
for you. Are you up for the challenge?
The Staff Engineer will be expected to provide
engineering/design support for projects being conducted for private
and public clients in the solid waste industry. As new work
develops, the individual will be required to maintain contact with
the Project Manager/ delegated Project Lead for assignments and
manage the work being conducted in accordance with the project
schedule and at a level of quality consistent with the SCS Quality
Management System and standard industry practices. The individual
will conduct assignments in an office setting and in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee drilling activities involving, monitoring and well
installation, borehole logging, well development, and
- Conduct and document construction quality assurance
observations to ensure compliance with construction documents.
- Complete quality control reviews on all work product (reports,
design plans, design calculations, data, etc.) prior to
- Coordinate with contractors, subcontractors, and clients as
- Complete engineering calculations, including the use of
applicable modeling programs as needed.
- Coordinate and review drawing/ plan set preparation.
- Prepare permit applications and/or regulatory agency submittals
and responses with supporting documentation as requested.
- Prepare calculations for reports and in support of design
documents, including applicable modeling, as requested.
- Prepare short form site specific health and safety plans and
assist in the preparation of long form site specific health and
safety plans as requested.
- Participate in health and safety training as required.
- Review technical documents to ensure completeness and
conformance to requirements.
- Lead and mentor junior staff in the completion of field work,
reports, design calculations, design plans
- Serve as a resource for junior staff and assist staff to
troubleshoot field work issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate skills in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word,
Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- High attention to detail.
- Intermediate health and safety knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Basic AutoCAD and/or GIS knowledge.
- Intermediate problem solving skills.
- Ability to read directions for field testing equipment.
- Ability to read and understand engineering design plans.
- Familiarity with applicable regulatory agencies and applicable
- Familiarity with applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Mastery of applicable field testing equipment.
- Understanding of scientific concepts including: physics,
statistics, chemistry, mathematics, and geosciences.
- Ability to use basic hand tools such as hammer, screw driver,
- Bachelors of Science degree in Environmental or Civil
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred.
- 2-3 Years of relevant experience required. Solid waste or
environmental experience preferred.
- Valid Drivers License with a driving record in good standing
At SCS, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our
strategic direction, help us continue to grow, and provide our
clients with responsive, innovative, high quality client service.
We offer excellent opportunities for career advancement and a
competitive compensation package, including: medical, dental,
vision, 401K, ESOP, Student Debt Employer Contribution Program,
paid holidays and PTO.
SCS Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). SCS
provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled
If you have questions, difficulty using our online system and/or
you need an accommodation due to a disability then please contact
us about your interest in employment at email@example.com
Keywords: SCS Engineers, Henderson , Staff Engineer, Other , henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!