Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking a Material Damage Team Manager for our
Henderson office. As part of the Kemper auto claims team, you are
part of the team that delivers on a promise to provide exceptional
service to our customers who have experienced a recent insurance
loss. As Team Manager, you are the direct management for the
material damage appraisers, providing them with technical
expertise, guidance on regional claim estimating issues, and
providing training as appropriate.
* Clearly define, document, and communicate performance
expectations for the Material Damage team. Mentor, coach, and train
direct reports to achieve desired goals and position
* Monitor and document ongoing performance utilizing objective
data and subjective observations to measure individual and team
* Collaborate with direct reports to provide accurate and
ongoing performance feedback and promote career development.
* Partner with Human Resources to develop and administer
performance development plans, when appropriate.
* Recommend employees for promotions, salary adjustments, and
termination as necessary.
* Assist Sr. Manager in analyzing management report data to
identify trends that impact customer service, quality, and
* Proactively assess claims outcomes and assist in developing
strategies to maintain or improve performance.
* 3+ years' experience with automobile physical damage
estimating and/or repair and experience with total loss evaluation
and salvage handling.
* Prior supervisor or management experience preferred.
* Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate production
staffing requirements, and to problem solve and make decisions.
* Familiarity with computer estimating system(s) and auto
construction and repair techniques.
* Must apply for and maintain all applicable licenses required
by the state to which the individual is assigned.
* May need to travel on short notice.
* Heavy workloads, subject to deadlines, constant
* Position requires the ability to work in potentially adverse
weather conditions and the ability to view all parts of a vehicle
including the interior and undercarriage.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality
across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a
workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee.