Posted on: May 3, 2021
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
Supervises a unit of outbound Express Adjusters including
delegation of authority and disposition of assigned claims.
- Hires and trains employees for the unit. Monitors employee
performance and ensures that performance in all areas, including
closure ratios and departmental goals are achieved via personal
observation, file reviews, and audits.
- Ensures that Company procedures and policies regarding
collection of information for each loss is obtained and documented
and that claims handling procedures are followed including 24 hour
contact, 24 hour response to calls and response to written
correspondence within 5 working days. Ensures that file
investigations are adequate and timely, that reports are completed
on a timely basis and that timely settlement offers or rejections
- Prepares and submits management reports on a timely basis.
- Ensures recognition and transfer of salvage, subrogation and
- Approves payments when necessary and all else that requires
management signature, within authority.
- Maintains a diary system and ensures that diary systems are
maintained by Unit as per Company policy.
- Assists in controlling expenses by ensuring proper
investigation and settlement of claims.
- Assists in initiating, recommending and implementing procedures
for the Unit.
- Must have regular predictable attendance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- BS or BA college degree preferred. 2+ years of claims handling
or 6 months FNOL supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, independent decision
making skills, strong technical skills and the ability to handle
- Ability to review and handle claims via on-line claims
- Must apply for and possess, on a timely basis, all applicable
licenses required by assigned state(s).
- Some positions may require bilingual skills.
- Primarily a stationary job that requires constant typing and
frequent repetitive hand motion.
- Must have the ability to work effectively amid constant
- Travel may be required with little prior notice.
- Varying workload and work hours based on deadlines and
- Must deal tactfully and diplomatically with agents, insureds,
claimants, attorneys, callers and visitors.
- Must have a high degree of tolerance and excellent time
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality
across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a
workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Kemper, Henderson , Express Supervisor, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!