Nurse Practitioner (Family) (Kingman, AZ)
Company: North Country HealthCare
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Family Nurse Practitioner opening in Kingman, AZ
This is why you went into Primary Care
North Country HealthCare (NCHC) is transforming healthcare for
rural Arizonans. NCHC is a primary care, federally qualified health
center with a teaching and learning mission. We practice an
integrative care model in an innovative culture. Our model allows
us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced by fostering
strong provider-patient, provider-provider, and provider-staff
relationships, and delivering appropriate care to anyone who needs
it. This full-time FNP will have the chance to work with people in
great need of primary care and, in doing so, significantly support
them in bettering their overall lives.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions in
patients of all ages.
- Prescribing diagnostic and screening tests.
- Acting as primary care provider and coordinating additional
- Prescribing and dispensing medications as authorized under
privileges set forth by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- Participating in communicable disease surveillance and control
within the community and applying appropriate epidemiological
methods to achieve the desired outcome including contact
- Participating in a system that identifies and monitors
disease/disability rates or health indices in the community.
- NCHC is proud to be a teaching health center and providers can
expect to be involved with the teaching of students and
- Demonstrating continuous learning and eagerness for
WHAT YOU WON'T BE DOING
- Feeling isolated -- an integrated care model reduces physician
burn-out because it offers wrap-around services and programs beyond
the exam room to care for your patients.
- Missing out on life -- as an out-patient facility, we are not
open evenings, weekends, or major holidays. After-hours call is
only two weeks per year.
- Paying for malpractice insurance or tail coverage -- as an
FQHC, physicians are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act.
- Wondering if your job is meaningful -- you will see the
positive impact on patients and the community regularly.
- Four full years of experience working as a family nurse
practitioner in a primary care setting including experience with
vulnerable and/or medically under-served populations.
Have questions about this job or North Country HealthCare in
general? We are happy to help you explore your career options! Call
or email a member of the Talent Integration Team:
- Linda Maria Alvarado, lalvarado@nchcaz..org, (928)
Kingman, Arizona is 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada. It
has a desert climate and warm temperatures year-round, but is 10
miles from the Hualapai Mountains which rise above 8,000 ft and
offer cool adventures among pine trees. In addition to mental
health services, the clinic offers primary care and has an on-site
pharmacy and lab.
North Country Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: North Country HealthCare, Henderson , Nurse Practitioner (Family) (Kingman, AZ), Other , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!