Asst Shift Supervisor
Company: GEO Group Inc.
Location: Golden Valley
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Facility: KINGMAN CORRECTIONAL & REHABILITATION FACILITY
Compensation Base: $19.30 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for all security and control related functions
during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide
maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors,
gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures
these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety
training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test
alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are
posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other
assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates
prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event
of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of
work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that
inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning
employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character
development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the
encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of
physical facilities, and influencing relationships among
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent
physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with
policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must meet the requirements of being a Correctional
- One (1) year of experience working in a correctional setting
- Must be flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the
respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff, possess a
working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders,
and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write
communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract
negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex
oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for security
supervisors and officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain
certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Henderson , Asst Shift Supervisor, Other , Golden Valley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!