ARMORY/KEY CONTROL OFFICER
Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Location: Golden Valley
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Facility:KINGMAN HUALAPAI UNIT
Compensation Base:$17.49 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Responsible for the security, inventory, and maintenance of the
facility armory including all firearms, other security equipment,
chemical agents and key control.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the safe handling of all firearms, chemical agents and
- Ensures compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and
procedures pertaining to key control. May assist in the development
and implementation of updated policies, procedures and regulations
for the custody, security and/or treatment of inmates/detainees.
Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical
inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and
- Ensures all equipment is issued and signed for on the Arsenal
equipment issue log. Responsible for maintaining records and
preparing reports as assigned by management. Maintains daily logs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Must be twenty-one (21) years of age.
- One (1) year of experience in a correctional facility with
responsibility for direct supervision over inmates/detainees or an
equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- Must be flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the
respect and confidence of detainees/inmates and staff, possess a
working knowledge of correctional laws, applicable court orders,
and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Must have a proven work history with sound abilities to write
communications, documents, policy, court room defenses, contract
negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Must be able to understand and carry out moderately complex
oral and written instructions.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirements for security
supervisors and officers.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a
certificate of satisfactory completion. Ability to obtain
certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Henderson , ARMORY/KEY CONTROL OFFICER, Other , Golden Valley, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!