Custodian - COVID
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Summary/ObjectiveKeep buildings in clean and orderly condition.
Perform routine and heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors,
disinfecting surfaces, washing walls and glass, and removing
rubbish. Perform routine maintenance activities; notify
administration of need for repairs.Essential FunctionsReasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions:
- Respond to all internal and external customers, as it relates
to position, in a prompt, efficient, friendly and patient
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming or
scrubbing. Strip, wax and polish floors.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Wash windows, glass or plexiglass partitions and mirrors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power
equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare
cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Dust furniture, walls, woodwork and equipment.
- Gather and empty trash receptacles.
- Move furniture and equipment for cleaning and special
- Perform routine maintenance activities, including replacing
light bulbs. Notify administration of the need for repairs.
- Maintain knowledge of and adhere to all policies, regulations
- Perform related duties as assigned in a safe and prudent
manner. Other DutiesThis job description is not a comprehensive
listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are
required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities,
and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate equipment, machines and tools
- Ability to manage time to accomplish tasks
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and
proceduresSupervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no
supervisory responsibilities.Work EnvironmentThis job operates at
one or more of the school district's buildings or campuses.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or
- Ability to use abdominal and lower back muscles to support part
of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without
- Ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach with your body, arms
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 90 pounds
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your
arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble
- Ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm
or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
- Ability to see details at close range Position Type/Expected
Hours of WorkAt Will Notice of Employment does not provide a
guarantee of a particular schedule of work, or a minimum number of
days or hours.This is a 9-month, 40-hour per week position.
Extended work hours to meet deadlines may occasionally be required.
Required Education and ExperienceHigh School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Education and ExperienceExperience as a custodian
Required Certifications/LicensesNoneWork Authorization/Security
ClearanceMust be able to pass a criminal background check and
obtain a Fingerprint Clearance Card with an IVP number through the
Arizona Department of Public Safety.
- Position Type:Full-time
- Positions Available:1Job Category :Support Staff >
CustodianEmployer DescriptionKingman Unified School District is in
northwestern Arizona, nestled in the Hualapai Valley between the
Cerbat and Hualapai Mountain ranges. The town of Kingman is known
as "The Heart of Historic Route 66" and is ideally situated between
Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and the Grand Canyon.The mission
of Kingman Unified School District is to provide students with an
educational foundation for lifelong success. Eleven school campuses
are home to approximately 7,000 students and 340 teachers. There
are four K-5 schools, one pre-K school, two middle schools (6-8),
one K-8 school, one K-6 school, and two 9-12 high schools.KUSD
teachers enjoy many benefits including a four-day work week and a
school calendar that features breaks in the Fall, Winter, and
Spring, as well as six weeks off in the summer! The Monday through
Thursday work week and 148-day contract provide for a work-life
balance difficult to match.If you are interested in applying for
one of KUSD's certified or classified positions, please visit our
website at https://kusd.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. You may also
contact Human Resources by calling (928) 753-5678. We look forward
to hearing from you! Learn more about us...Job Requirements
- No experience requiredContact Information
- Toni Story
- 3033 McDonald Ave
- Kingman,Arizona 86401
- Phone: 928-753-5678 Ext. 2011
- Email: click here
Keywords: TrulyHired, Henderson , Custodian - COVID, Other , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!