Certified Medication Assistant
Company: The Garden's Rehab and Care Center
Posted on: August 2, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsibility and accountability for all resident oral
medication on your wing, including narcotics.
- Ensure that medication room, medication refrigerators, and
medication carts are locked while not in use.
- Adhere to the Facility Nurse Key Ring Policy.
- Adhere to the Facility Controlled Substance Audit Policy.
- Administration of all routine ordered medications that are to
be administered by mouth.
- Ensure the accuracy of your work.
- Conduct complete, accurate, and truthful documentation
- Initialing and signing all Medication Administration Records
and ordered dietary supplements. Including documentation to
indicate oral medications and dietary supplements not administered
during your shift.
- Report any errors made to nurse on duty immediately.
- Ensure medication cart remains clean and organized at all
- Scan out all central supply items used for each resident.
- Report any as needed medication request to nurse on duty
- Ensure all abuse, or suspected abuse, that is witnessed by you,
or reported to you, is reported to the DON, ADON, or Administrator
immediately. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Knowledge of:
- Medical terminology.
- Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and
- Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation
- Resident Rights and identifying abuse and/or neglect. Skill in:
- Use and care of equipment, tools and materials used in resident
- Working independently to complete daily activities according to
- Following and maintaining safety standards.
- Following and effectively communicating verbal and written
- Operating a computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and
specialized software applications. Ability to:
- Recognize any changes in condition and notify the nurse
immediately, asking for appropriate action.
- Identify when a situation cannot be handled and know when to
ask for help.
- Be sensitive to residents families and respond in a
- Know your scope of practice and always operate within it.
- Adhere to the Arizona State Board of Nursing Rules and Nurse
- Use diagnostic equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
associate personnel, residents and resident family members.
- Read and write clearly.
- Understand and follow, quickly and accurately, oral and written
- Maintain confidentiality and work under pressure in a dynamic
environment with changing demands and priorities.
- Comply with facility policies and procedures. WORK CONTACTS
Regular contacts with associate personnel, residents, resident
family members and visitors. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL
- Must be able to bear weight and lift 100 pounds or more.
- Requires constant physical activities including standing,
walking, lifting, bending, stooping, pulling, stretching, turning,
grasping and reaching.
- Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, thoroughness and
quality of work assigned.
- Aural acuity to receive detailed information through oral
communication, often from persons with speech impairment.
- Safety-sensitive position pursuant to A.R.S. 23-493. REQUIRED
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRANING
- Must hold a current Arizona Certification.
- Must maintain certification renewal in accordance with the
standards of the State Board of Nursing. SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT(S)
- Attend mandatory nursing meetings and continuing education
classes that are designated mandatory.
- Obtain/maintain Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint
Card at employees expense.
- Obtain/maintain CPR Certification.
- Obtain COVID vaccine or exemption
- Complete annual Tuberculosis Testing.
- Complete required 12 hours of annual in-service training. We
are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
requirements of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 Section
504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Age Discrimination
Act of 1975, We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. It is our
intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity
and that selection decisions be based on job-related
Keywords: The Garden's Rehab and Care Center, Henderson , Certified Medication Assistant, Other , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!