Company: Laron Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
*Position: Manual Machinist**Location: Kingman, AZ*
*Business: LARON**Position Summary: *
Under general supervision, sets up and operates a variety of
machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. Includes
precision instrument makers who fabricate, modify, or repair
mechanical instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make
or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying
knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout,
and machining procedures. *Essential Functions: ** Fabricate,
erect, install, and maintain shop machinery
* Calculate dimensions and tolerance using knowledge of mathematics
and instruments such as micrometers and veneer calipers
* Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, machines and
materials onto machines
* Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining
* Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as
lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders
* Measure, examine and test completed units to detect defects and
ensure conformance to specifications, using precision
* Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to
retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media *Other
Duties and Responsibilities: ** Perform preventative and predictive
maintenance on shop equipment.
* Select the appropriate tools, machines and materials to be used
in preparation of machinery work
* Troubleshoot and repair shop machinery.
* Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs).
* Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
* Communicate with operators from other shifts.
* Maintain and secure work tools.
* Clean and maintain work area.
* Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel. *Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities: ** Ability to perform preventive maintenance
according to published guidelines.
* Ability to interpret technical manuals. At OTC Industrial
Technologies, we believe that our employees are our greatest
strength. Through investment in our people and growth from within,
we believe in providing you with a wide variety of opportunities to
accelerate your career potential as you help us drive change to
move our business forward.
For over 60 years, employing and developing the best-in-class
talent has been at the forefront of our success. By coupling our
teams' hands-on experience with a wide range of products from top
vendors, we provide customers with the best quality products and
technical application expertise and services at the lowest possible
costs. *Perks of Working with OTC Industrial Technologies: *
As part of the OTC family, you'll enjoy competitive compensation
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental,
and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan - Additionally,
we offer paid time off, short-and long-term disability coverage,
life insurance, tuition assistance, and Employee Assistance
Program. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for
professional and personal growth and recognition. We are proud to
serve such well-known companies such as Toyota, Dupont, Dow, BP,
GE, Pitney Bowes, Honeywell, Delphi, Ford, Timken, Bayer, and
We employ over 1,600 employees in more than 57 locations --- and
growing! The OTC team includes industry leading organizations that
include OTP Industrial Solutions, Furey Filter and Pump, JCI, IPEG,
Keller Electrical, Laron, Buckeye Pumps, PK Controls, Ohlheiser,
Air Technologies, Midway, Contrast, FACT, Tape, etc.. Our size and
strength give us the resources to drive continuous improvement,
while local decision-making enables the agility to quickly meet our
client's unique needs. Job Type: Full-time Benefits:
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Relocation assistance
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift Ability to commute/relocate:
* Kingman, AZ 86401: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required) Experience:
* Manual Machining: 2 years (Required) Shift availability:
* Day Shift (Preferred) Work Location: One location
Keywords: Laron Inc, Henderson , Manual Machinist, Other , Kingman, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!