Plasma Processing Technician
Company: CSL Plasma
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job DescriptionJob Description Summary Responsible for the
accurate and timely sampling, testing, shipping and storage of
plasma collected from donors. Job Description
- In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units
to freezer to ensure product quality.
- Ensures plasma units are properly stored according to SOPs,
which could include unsuitable plasma units and samples.
- Ensures accuracy of unit labeling by verifying the pre-printed
label matches the dynamic label.
- Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer
to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples per
- May ensure samples and units are packed and shipped in
accordance with SOPs and center procedures. Prepares shipping and
unit disposal documentation.
- Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately
informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning
properly. Records variances.
- Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOPs.
- Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic
donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
- Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper
immune programs at the center if applicable.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed.
Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures.
Promotes safety in all actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center
- Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required Experience
- Minimum of three (3) months experience in laboratory or
warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Must be able to perform basic math calculations Working
Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and
- Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to
100% of time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
- Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
operational needs All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
veteran status, national origin or other legally protected
classifications. Please note, we may not have an immediate need at
the present time; however we are always interested in speaking to
well qualified candidates for future openings. If you are
interested in exploring a career with CSL, please apply. We may
have both full-time and part-time positions available. Someone will
follow up depending on the current needs, but please be aware
correspondence may not be immediate.About UsWith operations in 35+
nations and -27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop
and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat
disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and
vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in
cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.CSL is
the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a
global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on
bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often
rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the
world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create
CSL's therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine
companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in
pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and
control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the
many career possibilities available around the globe and consider
building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our
Keywords: CSL Plasma, Henderson , Plasma Processing Technician, Professions , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!