Refrigeration Technician 2
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, works independently performing routine
refrigeration maintenance and repair throughout the warehouse.
• Performs operation, repair and adjustment of refrigeration
system. Monitors system performance and determines when system is
not operating correctly.
• Replaces components within the refrigeration's system, with safe
LOTO procedures and in accordance with PSM program.
• Performs basic pump out/evacuate refrigerant as necessary for
valve replacement and/or repair.
• Performs routine maintenance on various types of warehouse
equipment in accordance with OSHA Standards.
• Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance using
instruments such as voltmeters, ohmmeters, pyrometers, and pressure
gauges. Tests and calibrates HVAC equipment.
• Inspects completed work for compliance to blueprints,
specifications, and safety standards.
• Troubleshoots equipment and recommends corrective action.
Individual should understand key troubleshooting techniques to
determine root cause.
• Conducts tests of safety equipment to ensure OHSA and operational
• Maintains accurate preventive maintenance records with the CMMS
• Keeps work area and tools 6S'd (well maintained, clean,
organized, etc.), and performs housekeeping duties as required.
• Performs related work and other job assignments as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 5 years combined Industrial Refrigeration and/or Industrial
Maintenance experience with a minimum of 2 years of employment
experience in industrial refrigeration
• Completion of RETA Operator 1 course preferred. In lieu of RETA
course - successful completion of industry recognized Industrial
Ammonia Refrigeration training (Stellar, Frick, GCAP/Lanier or
employer comparable training program), equivalent in scope will be
• CARO and CIRO certification preferred.
• Required to successfully complete assigned Industrial
Refrigeration and maintenance courses.
• Troubleshooting and repairs with differing control systems
ALTA/Allen Bradley etc.
• Required to be trained in HAZMAT, obtain and maintain the
• Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management System (SAP
• Must be computer literate.
• Microsoft Office Suite knowledge.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Mathematical and documentation skills necessary.
• Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Proficient use of testing equipment.
• Must be able to work flexible shifts, if required, including on
• Share knowledge, train and develop less experienced
The physical demands described below are representative of those
that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
• May be required to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures of -20 degrees Fahrenheit and outside
ambient temperatures (including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must be able to work at heights in excess of 35 ft. and be able
to access elevated platforms and catwalks
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
• Frequently required to stand; walk; push; pull; reach with hands
and arms; stoop; kneel; and crouch
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to use hand and power tools.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Either
naturally or with the aid of eye glasses (use of contacts are
prohibited when working with ammonia).
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Able to pass a physical and respiratory exam.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Henderson , Refrigeration Technician 2, Professions , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!