Multifamily-Field Engineer - Las Vegas
Company: D.R. HORTON, INC.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was
founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York
Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information. DHI
Communities is a multifamily development division of D.R. Horton,
Inc. DHI Communities is currently looking for a Multifamily-Field
Engineer. The right candidate will assist the Project Manager and
Superintendent(s) in managing the subcontractors and suppliers on a
project site in accordance with D.R. Horton's corporate policies
and DHI Communities' policies and procedures, while at all times
displaying professional attributes that enhance the image of D.R.
Horton and DHI Communities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review the project's construction documents, looking for
possible future problems and conflicts.
- Update and monitor all construction documents with changes and
- Walk the site looking for usage practices, unauthorized
personnel, product deficiencies or improper construction methods
and report all identified unsafe work practices to supervisor.
- Inspect all foundations prior to concrete placement, verifying
dimensions, cleaning beam bottoms, checking cable chairs, verifying
proper cable clearance and coverage, etc.
- Ensure that all subcontractors accurately complete and submit
their daily reports and weekly safety meeting minutes.
- Record work progress on daily reports by issuing
subcontractor's reports and observations.
- Develop, organize and track office documents as directed by
Project Manager and Superintendent.
- Help create, distribute and manage punch list to all rough
trades (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, phone, TV, fire and
- Check all rough trade's work prior to inspection by City
- Check all material deliveries, ensuring quality and count.
- Maintain delivery log.
- Check all trusses for broken members and proper bracing. Order
any truss repairs from manufacturer prior to inspection by
- Walk truss inspections with structural engineer.
- Comply with company safety policies. Supervisory
Responsibilities Directly manages two or more employees in the Land
Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Job Requirements:Education
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of related experience and/or training
- Must have a vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Must have good working knowledge of construction management
theory and practice
- Must be PC proficient and have a good knowledge of construction
business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets,
and word processing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH
- Proficiency with MS Office and email Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in construction or related field
- Experience in multi-family construction preferred
- Ability to multi-task and attention to detail Come join a
winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and
are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our
success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays Build YOUR
future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. Follow us on social for
an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for
up to date job listings!
Keywords: D.R. HORTON, INC., Henderson , Multifamily-Field Engineer - Las Vegas, Professions , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!