LTO Warehouse Worker
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Under general supervision, Lift Truck Operator (LTO), Warehouse
Worker will ensure safe and accurate receipt, storage, and shipment
of food products utilizing equipment including, but not limited to
sit down and stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks, walk
behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency
• Load and unload freight using equipment in an efficient and safe
• Move product to storage areas with proper equipment.
• Efficiently stack and safely store the merchandise in the
• Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of
merchandise to be shipped.
• Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage and
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner, which promotes safety.
• Participate in physical inventories, as needed.
• As directed by management, perform labeling, sorting, wrapping,
packing, and repacking.
• Operate equipment safely and efficiently. Equipment to include
(but not limited to) stand up forklifts, stand up straddle trucks,
walk behinds, pallet jacks, double pallet jacks and radio frequency
• Promptly Report all safety malfunctions on equipment.
• Comply with OSHA standards.
• Must be able to meet production standards.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to
work assigned shift.
• Charge or change forklift battery as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
• Tools and Technology: Computer, Warehouse management system and
related components, Pallet Jack, high lift, sit down or stand up
lift truck, Hi-lift, RC
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Three (3) months' related work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Requires ability to work independently
• May work overtime, evenings, or weekends in order to complete
work or to attend meetings, as directed and authorized by
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, and meet
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the essential functions for this position and meet the
physical requirements needed to perform them, including but not
limited to frequently requiring the ability to drive a fork lift,
sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or
feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is
occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or
crouch. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified
individuals with disabilities. While performing the essential
functions of this job, the associate:
• Must be able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
• Must be able to tolerate working environment with inside
controlled temperatures varying from 32 degrees Fahrenheit to minus
45 degrees Fahrenheit, as well as outside ambient temperatures
(including heat, cold and precipitation).
• Must tolerate heights up to 30 ft. and be able to access elevated
products from inside safety cage
• May stand to rebuild pallets with products. Requires tolerance of
standing posture up to 5 hours, over an 8-hour shift
• Must transfer boxes of varying weights from 10 lbs. up to 55 lbs.
from ground level to 80 inches in height and up 70 lbs. to 50
inches in height rebuilding pallets. Lifting and carrying product a
distance of 6 ft. without mechanical assistance.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Keywords: Americold, Henderson , LTO Warehouse Worker, Professions , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!